Friday, March 23, 2012

San Pedro Valley Hike

I went on the most fantastic hike today with Suvarnaprabha and Mike. About 4.5 miles round trip in the beautiful seaside town of Pacifica, near Rockaway Beach. The trail was recently rained on but not muddy nor was it dusty. At the top we dined on granola bars, apples and almonds which after trudging uphill for a couple hours felt like a royal feast. While hiking, I had some thoughts of wanting to stop and turn around. When I contemplated this, I realized I have a difficult time deciphering my wants from my needs. I resolve to pay attention to this.

Later on we walked up 24th street to Firefly where we had a fantastic birthday dinner with Jules. I ate seared yellow fin tuna, lamb soup and basmati rice pudding for dessert. The bill came to an astonishing amount and is still quite shocking to me. Recovery is slow. We meandered down to the Whole Foods Market where I became fascinated with the machine that grinds almonds into almond butter.

I truly love San Francisco and the life Suvanna has built for herself here. It makes think about the life I've built in Orange County...

No comments:

Post a Comment