Friday, April 6, 2012

A plethora of Birthdays.

Today, I turned 53. Wow, I think, what a number. I don't mind being 53. The only thing that catches my atttention is I don't feel 53. At least what I think 53 should feel like. Mostly other 53's seem older, less active, more mature than me.

There are several interesting things that come to mind regarding April 6: 1) When I turned 11, my birthday was on Easter Sunday. It seems, statistically, that should happen more often in 53 years but it doesn't. This year got close. 2) My previous recovery sponsor of 12 years (Hi Anne) had her anniversay on this day, which made it super easy to remember. My current sponsor (Hi Jeanine) has her recovery anniversay on this day as well. Happy 16 dear heart. What are the chances? If I wasn't so mathmatically lazy, I would attempt to figure out those odds. Actually, the more I think about it, the less I would like to do that.

Another celebration to note is the demise of Suvanna's tumor. Good riddance. The last several months have been enlightening to say the least. The journey towards accepting death as a part of life was difficult. I don't know if I was completely in acceptance of my sister's untimely death but I came close and learned a lot about accepting things as they are not how I wish they were.

3 comments:

  1. The magic box called google just informed me that April 6 was on Easter Sunday in 1969 and 1980. I was 10 in 1969 and loaded enough in 1980 to have missed it.

    ReplyDelete